Monday, March 2, 2009

Reading for pleasure

Eating out

I always hear people complaining about food price wherever they go. It is like a never-ending circle of complains. It is not like I have never complained about how food prices keep increasing each year while the quantity of the food keep decreasing. I do complain about such things. But, whenever I feel like complaining, an advice my mother gave to me when I was little usually stops me from whining.

“Stop complaining about how food price keep increasing at your school. Let’s say I give you three ringgit. Can you cook me a plate of nasi ayam? Do you even know what a tedious process cooking is?”

And the advice goes on and on until it sounds more to whining than advising.

What she told me is true. I am pretty sure by now I already knew how to cook my own nasi ayam. But why would I bother cooking it myself? I mean, cooking a plate of nasi ayam for myself. The process of cooking itself is cumbersome and time-wasting. Add up the time you need to buy all the groceries needed. Also, the time you will spend cleaning up all the utensils and dishware.

For all it is worth, I would rather pay somebody three ringgit to do all those jobs for me. Even if the price for a plate of nasi ayam nowadays is much more expensive then it was before, I would still gladly pay for it.

At least I know the nasi ayam that I am going to pay is guaranteed to be delicious. And, if it is not, I can brag to my companion on how I can cook better nasi ayam.

Footnote: I am not currently craving for nasi ayam. Nasi ayam is just used as an example.
Footnote 2: The picture above is not my nasi ayam.

HERE are some recipes of how to making ''nasi ayam'':

Ingredients
  • 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
  • 1 Small Onion -- finely chopped
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Ginger -- finely chopped
  • 1 Clove Garlic -- finely chopped
  • 1 Cup Rice
  • 1 1/2 Cups Hot Chicken Broth
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 3 Pounds Chicken -- cooked and cubed
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • Soy Sauce -- to taste
Directions Heat oil in pan, add onion, ginger, garlic and saute for 1 minute. Add rice and continue to fry for another 2 minutes as rice changes color. Add broth and salt, bring to a boil. Cover the pan, reduce heat to low and cook until all the liquid is absorbed about 12 minutes. Give the mixture a quick stir, cover the pan and remove from heat. Allow rice to rest for 10 minutes. Briefly saute chicken so that it is back to a serving temperature, place over a serving of rice, sprinkle with salt and soy sauce and serve.(http://recipes.wuzzle.org/index.php/72/2021)

'

3 comments:

  1. Hi Fizah,

    Your topic on reading for pleasure regarding eating out is quite interesting but a bit short! I think some sections , for eg the footnotes, ingredients, and directions are not well display because i can hardly read them! You need to change the colour of the font.

    Dr. Zaini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear DR.Zaini,
    tq for the comment and i will improve it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiza,cook for me nasi ayam please hehe:P

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

TIME IS PRECIOUS

Followers

About Me

My photo
i'm a simple person who like to be my self and luv my family very much!! sometimes i can be a moody person and quite sencitive..but it depends on da situation..an easy going,luv to shopping and cooking..so far no one hv died after ate my cook..huhu